St. Peter’s Episcopal Church celebrates the wonder of God’s love in a community that embraces all who enter our doors. We take seriously our worship of God, our commitment to one another in this community of faith and our service of the homeless, the hungry and those seeking an education.
St. Peter’s Church has worshipped in Clifton since 1896. A small group of women started a Sunday School on the second floor of a store on Getty Avenue. From that humble beginning, the church purchased property on Clifton Avenue.
As the church grew in the 1950’s and 1960’s the parish decided to build a new church. The original church was knocked down and a new church built within a year.
To respond to the needs of homeless families in the community, St. Peter’s Church began St. Peter’s Haven, a shelter for Homeless families. From a program to provide food for the homeless families under our roof, the Community Food Pantry currently serves over 800 persons a month. Volunteer opportunities are available to members of the community who want to serve.